Such common male diseases as prostatitis and adenoma, with improper treatment or lack thereof, often lead to dangerous consequences, including cancer and infertility. That is why, at the first symptoms, a man should consult a doctor. Only a specialist is able to choose an effective remedy for adenoma and prostatitis. Treatment of prostate pathologies with folk remedies is allowed only at the initial stage of a mild form, provided there are no complications. If prostatitis or adenoma is complicated, severe or becomes chronic, effective treatment is carried out only with drugs.
When is medical treatment of the prostate indicated?
There are different ways to treat prostate pathologies. The best treatment for prostate adenoma and various forms of prostatitis can only be chosen by a doctor, taking into account the causes of the disease, the form, the severity of the disease and the age of thepatient.
Before choosing the best remedy for prostate adenoma, the doctor should exclude the need for surgical treatment of the pathology. Drug treatment is indicated provided that you respond positively to all of the following points:
- ruled out the possibility of prostate cancer;
- the patient has no direct indications for the surgical treatment of the disease;
- no protrusion of the adenoma into the ureteral cavity;
- it is necessary to take into account the importance for the patient of maintaining sexual function and whether this is preserved at the time of treatment;
- the man does not take other drugs for other illnesses (blood coagulation reducers, diuretics, etc. ).
Before treating the pathology and choosing the most effective drug for prostate adenoma, the doctor should conduct the following studies:
- on ultrasound, assess the volume of residual urine and the volume of the prostate;
- perform uroflometry;
- on a symptom scale, assess the severity of the symptoms that bother the patient (problems with emptying urea or accumulation of urine);
- it is important to clarify the list of comorbidities (strokes, heart attacks and diabetes).
Some men prefer effective folk remedies in the treatment of prostate adenoma, but they do not always give the desired effect. A very good natural or synthetic medicine will help you choose a doctor when a man approaches him with complaints.
In the treatment of adenoma and prostatitis, a whole range of drugs with different effects are usually used:
- If the pathology arose against the background of an infectious lesion, antibiotics are prescribed. These drugs destroy the pathogenic microorganisms that caused the disease. In pathologies of the prostate gland of infectious origin, antibacterial agents of the following groups are usually prescribed:
- Alpha-blockers are prescribed to relax the smooth muscles of the organ and facilitate the flow of urine.
- Antispasmodics and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs stop inflammation, reduce the tone of the perineum and the muscles of the organ.
- Hormone therapy is carried out in order to reduce swelling, inflammation and normalize urination.
- Medicinal plants have a complex effect (reduce inflammation and swelling, reduce pain, normalize the functioning of the organ, protect against complications).