Men who have been diagnosed with inflammation of the prostate wonder whether it is possible to have sex with prostatitis? But before you get an answer, you need to understand what kind of disease it is and what causes it.
Prostatitis is an inflammation of the prostate in men. Most often, the cause of the inflammation is a bacterial infection that has entered the prostate through the urethra. However, for the inflammation to take effect, sometimes an infection is not enough. Prostate disease can cause the following factors:
- work associated with constant sitting, hypodynamic lifestyle;
- stool disorders, in the form of frequent constipation;
- frequent hypothermia;
- lack of privacy for a long time or its excessive amount;
- obesity, overeating, excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages, smoking, spicy food, constant stress;
The prostate is a gland measuring 3 by 4 centimeters and weighing up to 25 grams. It secretes a secret that has a bactericidal effect. Therefore, it is believed that inflammation most often occurs with congestion of the organ, when its function is impaired and the secret loses its properties. It is at this moment that an infection is linked, which aggravates the table. But how to deal with congestion so as not to provoke the development of the disease?
Not so long ago, doctors came to the conclusion that sex can be considered the best medicine you can think of in the treatment of prostatitis and for its prevention. Experts today increasingly agree that with prostatitis it is possible and necessary to have sex, and it is extremely useful.
During intercourse, with the onset of orgasm, there is an active and strong contraction of the muscles of the prostate. It turns out a kind of massage, which increases blood flow to the gland. And this favorably affects his condition, eliminates the causes of the disease and shortens the recovery time.
Prostatitis cannot be considered a sexually transmitted disease, since it is a purely male pathology. But, if the inflammation is caused by a bacteriological infection, then during sex it is worth using a condom so as not to transmit pathogenic microbes to the partner.
Also, you cannot stop having sex during illness. Abstinence for inflammation of the prostate can even be dangerous, because due to the stagnation of the secret produced by the gland, complications can develop. Additionally, abstinence can cause the gland to swell and form blood clots caused by blood stasis.
When a man has unpleasant symptoms that challenge his masculine strength, he may experience depression. He develops irritability, excessive nervousness, appetite is disturbed, he ceases to feel necessary. Also, a man begins to suffer from insomnia, there is a lack of sexual desire.
A woman in such a situation should not stay away, but be as tactful as possible, help a man and not let him get sick with all his thoughts. Only in this case it is possible to restore harmonious sexual relations.
Since there is irrefutable evidence of the beneficial effect of sexual intercourse in the treatment of inflammation of the gland, it is important to do it correctly, without harming the body. Therefore, one should not rush to extremes. Everything should be moderate. Having sex during treatment should not be made a priority. Nevertheless, the main treatment should be medication, and this method should play a supporting role.
To effectively get rid of the disease, you need to listen to the recommendations:
- First, sex with prostatitis should be regular. The problem cannot be solved if you only have intimacy once or twice a month. But even everyday "procedures" can provoke an exacerbation of the disease. According to doctors, the middle ground is important in this matter, depending on the age of the man and his state of health. On average, the frequency of sexual intercourse applicable to all ages is 2-3 times a week. Oral sex, in order not to bring a new infection to you or your partner, is only possible with a condom.
- Secondly, during the treatment of prostatitis, it is forbidden to change sexual partners, since the body is weakened and the likelihood of a new infection increases, due to the possible entry of new microflora into the reproductive system. It may contain pathogens for which antibodies have not yet been developed, and since inflammation is already present, this can be dangerous.
- Third, those who do not have a permanent partner for intimacy, or those who do not have one at all (single men), are advised not to enter into casual relationships and not to wait for thestagnation, which can lead to disease. The only way out in this situation is masturbation. Although this method, for unknown reasons, is considered something reprehensible in society, it is able to rid the gland of stagnation. Masturbation also helps to disperse stagnant blood in the pelvic organs, and the gland, thanks to this procedure, receives the necessary massage. But, as with the frequency of intercourse, masturbation should not be overdone. The normal mode of complacency is 2-3 times a week.
- Fourth, the practice of coitus interruptus should be avoided, as it helps slow the flow of blood from the male genitalia. As a result, ruptures of small capillaries appear in the penis, and the blood thickens in the prostate.
Acute prostatitis and sex
In acute prostatitis, a man feels severe pain in the lower abdomen, as well as pain that radiates to the genitals and perineum. At the same time, body temperature can rise to 39 degrees, and even higher in severe cases.
The pain is continued not only when emptying the bladder, but also at rest. Therefore, in such a situation, the patient is unlikely to want privacy.
But if you arrange competent treatment, after a few days the patient may feel better. Only after that it is recommended to relieve stagnation, treatment of prostatitis with sex.
Additional treatment measures
In addition to regular sex, it is recommended to use a permissible set of physical exercises (you will not have to pull the "iron" in the gym), to avoid congestion of the prostate organ:
- It is easy to perform this exercise anywhere: at work, in transport, in the car, lying on the bed at home, etc. To do this, you need to take a deep breath and expand your belly. After holding the breath for 10-12 seconds, exhale (through your stomach). In this case, it is necessary to pull as much as possible into the stomach, so that it "reaches" the spine. You need to repeat 3-7 times. During the day you need to do 3 sets.
- Similar to the first, the exercise does not require a particular place, and it can be done in any position: sitting, lying or standing. Its essence lies in the fact that you need to forcefully retract the anus and stay in this position for 7-10 seconds. This should be done three times, and during the day - several approaches.
- Next exercise: Stand up straight, shift your weight to your left leg, and swing your right leg back and forth. Start with 40 swings and work your way up to 100. Do the same for the left leg. Also, it is recommended to perform the exercise 3 times a day.
- Standing, tilt alternately left and right, up to 30 times in one direction.
- This exercise is very important because it stretches the hip adductors. It is necessary to do a straight split, be sure to secure yourself with your hands and spread your legs to the sides to the maximum distance. It is not necessary to sit on the ground. The main thing at the lowest possible point is to stare for 20-30 seconds. Every time you have to try spreading your legs wider.
- Sitting on the floor with your legs stretched forward, move your buttocks forward then step back. Each buttock should take 30 to 50 steps.
- Lie on your back, lift your pelvis, bend your spine, put your head on the floor. Lock this position for 10 seconds and repeat 10 times.
- This exercise has been known to everyone since kindergarten and is called the "boat". To perform it, you need to lie on your stomach and put your hands behind your head. Arch your back while lifting your straight legs and chest up so that support stays only on your stomach. You have to linger in this position until the moment of fatigue sets in. Repeat 3 times.
- Lie on your stomach on the ball. Roll the ball for 5 minutes, adjusting body pressure on it with your hands.
- Sitting on the floor with your legs straight, try to reach your feet with your hands. If possible, grab your fingers. Hold this position for 10 seconds. You should devote 3-5 minutes a day to this exercise.
- School years exercise - "birch". Supporting your lower back with your hands and resting your head on the floor, raise your legs. Hold the position for a few seconds (with increased pressure, this exercise cannot be done).
- The last exercise will be a deep squat with your legs shoulder-width apart. Squats should be performed slowly, and their number should be between 5 and 7.
For the prevention of prostatitis, especially for men at risk (office workers with sedentary work, as well as those who work in a cold or humid environment and are exposed to hypothermia, drivers of long journeys, etc. ), it is recommended to follow some rules:
- For a man of any age, physical activity is very important. A visit to the gym is not mandatory, but recommended. If you have a sedentary job, you should schedule time each day to walk or jog. This will improve blood circulation in the pelvis and reduce the risk of stagnation;
- as mentioned above, sex plays an important role in the prevention and treatment of disease. Significant regular sexual contact, measured, without perversions or excesses;
- it is necessary to eat foods that are beneficial for the whole body and for the prostate. The diet should include: fish and meat (low-fat varieties), vegetables and fruits, dairy products, compotes, juices and honey, as well as various seafood. You should refuse or limitconsumption of alcohol, carbonated drinks, onions and garlic, peppers and mushrooms.
- hypothermia is also a factor that provokes the development of inflammation of the prostate gland, which should be avoided. Avoid exposure to drafts and wear warm clothes;
- stress and overwork cause a decrease in immunity, and as a result, the body's defenses are reduced. Make sure you sleep well and avoid nervous situations;
- a good invigorating effect has a contrast shower. This procedure improves immunity and improves blood circulation;
- regular visits to the urologist can detect the disease at an early stage. It is much easier to treat a disease that is just beginning than an already developed pathology. If a man has already been diagnosed with prostatitis, it is advisable to come for a second examination every 3 months, the first year. In subsequent years, it is enough to consult a urologist once every six months.
Thus, prevention is an important condition for keeping men's health in good shape. An important condition for prevention is also a regular sex life. According to statistics, men who have sex at least 2 times a week (with a regular partner) have prostatitis less often by 60%.